ARTICLE 1: AWARDS
ARTICLE 2: ELIGIBILITY
1. Entries for the Competition should comply with the following criteria:
(1) Having been initially broadcast anywhere in the world between April 1st, 2019 and March 31st, 2020.
(2) Animated series, one-off television special or any non-live action animation are eligible.
2. All entries shall not contain any commercials.
3. All entries may only be submitted by organizations or individuals who own the copyrights.
4. Co-production partners should decide which organization will be the entrant.
ARTICLE 3: PROGRAM MATERIALS
1. Deadline for online entrance will be March 20th, 2020.
2. All participants, individuals or companies, must complete clearly the ONLINE entry forms.
3. Materials requested:
(1) Video files in high definition. For Animated Series, please submit three episodes, including the first and the last one. For TV Special or Short Animation, please submit the whole program.
(2) 2 posters (a horizontal version and a vertical version).
(3) 3 stills from the program. 3MB above for each.
(4) Trailer (within 3 minutes).
*All above items are preferred to be submitted in DVD or USB flash drive and ship it to the Organizing Committee.
4. The entries must be subtitled in English. The production of the subtitles shall be the responsibility of the sender.
5. All materials should reach the Organizing Committee before the deadline.
Address for shipping:
Shanghai TV Festival (Animation)
20F, 211 Kangding Rd., Shanghai 200041, China
ARTICLE 4: JUDGING
STVF Selection Committee, which is composed of experts in the industry, will view all the eligible entries. At-home judging ballots would be issued, called in and counted by an independent organization. The official competition list will be announced to the public in mid May. The nominees will be informed by the Organizing Committee.
2. Final Judging
The entries in competition will be judged by an international jury panel invited by the Organizing Committee. It is guaranteed that jury members are not in any way connected with the production and commercial benefits of any competitive programs.
The Organizing Committee will invite one representative (director or producer preferred) of the nominated program to the festival. Please reserve time to attend the following events:
(1) Magnolia GALA Night - Nomination Awards Ceremony, June 11th 2020.
(2) Magnolia Awards Ceremony - Disclosure of the final awards, June 12th 2020. The winners will be revealed and presented with Magnolia Award at the ceremony.
ARTICLE 5: PROGRAM SHOWCASE
1. Unless expressly prohibited, the Organizing Committee is entitled to select outstanding entries for a single broadcast on TV during the festival under the sender's approval.
2. The result of the showcase selection will be informed to the entrant in mid April.
ARTICLE 6: PROMOTION
1. The organizing committee will help promote excellent programs comprehensively through multi publicity platforms of the festival.
2. If applicants do not provide any excerpts or trailer, the Organizing Committee is entitled to use a segment no longer than 3 minutes from each selected entry, free of charge, for TV promotional purposes only.
3. Unless expressly prohibited, the Organizing Committee reserves the right to make copies of winning entries for archival use only, with no commercial exploitation whatsoever.
ARTICLE 7: ACCEPTANCE
1. Participation in the Shanghai TV Festival implies the producers' acceptance of the Regulations.
2. In the event of any dispute incurred between the Chinese and English version of this regulation, the Chinese version prevails.
3. The Organizing Committee is fully responsible for the compilation and clarification of this regulation.