ARTICLE 1: AWARDS
ARTICLE 2: ELIGIBILITY
1. Entries for the Competition should comply with the following criteria:
(1) Having been initially broadcast anywhere in the world between April 1st, 2016 and March 31st, 2017.
(2) Animated series, one-off television special or any non-live action animation are eligible.
2. All entries may only be submitted by organizations or individuals who own the copyrights.
3. Co-production partners should decide which organization will be the entrant.
ARTICLE 3: PROGRAM MATERIALS
1. Deadline date for online entrance is March 10th , 2017.
2. All participants, individuals or companies, must complete clearly the online entry forms.
3. Materials requested:
(1) DVD. For animated series, please submit any three episodes. For TV special or short animation, please submit the whole program.
(2) 5 pictures or posters from the program (3M above for each)
(3) Trailer (within 5 minutes)
*Item (2) and (3) are preferred to be submitted in DVD or U disk along with item (1).
4. The entries in languages other than English must be subtitled in English. The production of the subtitles shall be the responsibility of the sender.
5. All entries shall not contain any commercials.
6. All materials should reach the Organizing Committee before the deadline.
Address for shipping:
Shanghai TV Festival
20F, 211 Kangding Road, Shanghai 200041, China
ARTICLE 4: JUDGING
STVF Selection Committee, which is composed of experts in the industry, will view all the eligible entries. The official competition shortlist will be announced to the public in May. The nominees will be informed by the Organizing Committee.
2. Final Judging
The entries in competition will be judged by an international jury panel invited by the Organizing Committee. It is guaranteed that jury members are not in any way connected with the production and commercial benefits of any competitive programs. A representative of the Organizing Committee may attend the jury's deliberations as an observer, but has no right to vote.
The Organizing Committee will invite the director, producer, script writer or other crew member from the creating team of nominated program to the festival as well as the awards ceremony which will be held on June 16th, 2017. The winners will be awarded a trophy and a certificate merit. Co-producer may request additional statue of the award. However, a written request to purchase additional statues must be made and be approved by the Organizing Committee.
ARTICLE 5: PROGRAM SHOWCASE
1. Unless expressly prohibited, the Organizing Committee is entitled to select outstanding entries for a single broadcast on TV during the festival under the sender's approval.
2. Unless expressly prohibited, the Organizing Committee reserves the right to make copies of winning entries for archival use only, with no commercial exploitation whatsoever.
ARTICLE 6: PROMOTION
1. To meet the requirement of festival guests, for the convenience of business exchanges, and to promote excellent programs selected, the Organizing Committee will arrange the screening of programs in competition and showcase at its international film & TV market. The market is a professional market for registered festival guests only.
2. If applicants do not provide any excerpts or trailer, the Organizing Committee is entitled to use a segment no longer than 5 minute from each selected entry, free of charge, for TV promotional purposes only.
ARTICLE 7: ACCEPTANCE
1. Participation in the Shanghai TV Festival implies the producers' acceptance of the Regulations.
2. The Organizing Committee is fully responsible for the compilation and clarification of this regulation.
3. In the event of any dispute incurred between the Chinese and English version of this regulation, the Chinese version prevails.