ARTICLE 1: AWARDS
Best Documentary Series
ARTICLE 2: ELIGIBILITY
1. Entries for the Competition should comply with the following criteria:
(1) Production finished between April 1st, 2017 and March 31st, 2018.
(2)Entries must be made for TV broadcast, either as part of a series or as a one-off television special. Documentary series is under one certain theme and divided into several parts for broadcast. Theme and style of filming are not restricted.
2. All entries may only be submitted by organizations or individuals who own the copyrights.
3. Co-production partners should decide which organization will be the entrant.
ARTICLE 3: PROGRAM MATERIALS
1. Deadline date for online entrance will be March 10th, 2018
2. All participants, individuals or companies, must complete clearly the entry forms.
3. Screener of the program should reach the Organizing Committee before the deadline（Vimeo link is preferable. Fill on line or send to E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org）
4. The entries in languages other than English must be subtitled in English. The production of the subtitles shall be the responsibility of the sender.
5. All entries shall not contain any commercials.
Address for shipping:
20F, 211 Kangding Rd., Shanghai 200041, China
ARTICLE 4: JUDGING
STVF Selection Committee, which is composed of experts in the industry, will view all the eligible entries. The official competition list will be announced to the public in May.
2. Final Judging
The entries in competition will be judged by an international jury panel invited by the Organizing Committee. It is guaranteed that jury members are not in any way connected with the production and commercial benefits of any competitive programs. A representative of the Organizing Committee may attend the jury's deliberations as an observer, but has no right to vote. For Foreign TV Series awards, an individual selection committee will be formed for separate voting procedure.
The winners will be revealed and presented with Magnolia Award at the Closing & Awards Ceremony of the 24th STVF, on June 15th 2018.
Co-producer may request additional statue of the award. However, a written request to purchase additional statues must be made and be approved by STVF.
ARTICLE 5: FESTIVAL SCREENING
1. To meet the requirement of festival guests, for the convenience of business exchanges, and to promote excellent programs selected, STVF will arrange the screening of programs in competition and showcase at its international film & TV market. The market is a professional market for registered festival guests only.
2. If applicants do not provide any excerpts, the Festival is entitled to use a no longer than three-minute segment from each selected entry, free of charge, for TV promotional purposes only.
3. Unless expressly prohibited, the Festival is entitled to select outstanding entries for a single broadcast on TV and video websites during the festival under the sender's approval.
4. Unless expressly prohibited, the Festival reserves the right to make copies of winning entries for archival use only, with no commercial exploitation whatsoever.
ARTICLE 6: ACCEPTANCE
1. Participation in the Shanghai TV Festival implies the producers' acceptance of the Regulations.
2. The Organizing Committee is fully responsible for the compilation and clarification of this regulation.
3. In the event of any dispute incurred between the Chinese and English version of this regulation, the Chinese version prevails.